Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Quantum Equations


Quantum Equations from:  Quantum Physics in Neuroscience and Psychology.

Schwartz, J., Stapp, H., Beauregard, M.  In: Phil. Trans. Royal Soc. B  doi:10.1098/rstb.2004.1598.


AB = BA       where A and B are numbers

AB =/ BA      where A and B are actions.

Reality is not based solely on numbers.  Actions also determine reality.

Process One:  The act of choosing what to observe, or the psychologically described “Observing system”, or P.     The stream of consciousness of the observer. 

Process One action changes the state S of the system being acted upon into a new state S’, which is the sum of two parts.

Process Two creates a “cloud” of possible worlds.  Process One produces the “one world” we actually experience.

Process Three is Nature’s choice of the change in state S that actually occurs.



S = the prior state of the system being acted upon.

à    =  some intentional action by  P

S’ =  the new state resulting from being acted upon.

Process One:   S à S’ 


P = Operator performing the action

I =  Unit operator  (multiply by one)



S  à S’ = PSP  +  (I-P) S (I-P)  +  PS (I-P)  +  (I-P) SP

                 Collect the identities and all terms but S should cancel out.


Sà S’  =  PSP + (I-P) S (I-P)

        PSP  =             Yes, experimental feedback occurs as expected

        (I-P) S (I-P) =  No, experimental feedback does not occur as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment